SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, IT INFRASTRUCTURE
SpaceX is looking for an experienced IT infrastructure manager with deep knowledge and experience in critical IT systems. This person will manage a world-class team of IT engineers, focused on the design, development, and management of IT infrastructure that supports SpaceX engineering, production, and mission teams. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity while being interested in a “hands-on” management position. You will coach, motivate and lead the team, while also being capable of assisting with the design and execution of any SpaceX programs.
- Maintain core data center services such as HVAC technologies, power design, and racking solutions at SpaceX’s various locations.
- Manage and continuously develop a team of highly capable engineers and administrators to develop and operate enterprise infrastructure, virtualization technologies, and storage systems on high-performance and scalable mediums such as NAS, SAN, and object storage.
- Lead development, implementation and reporting of high-availability and disaster recovery strategies.
- Mentor our team of systems engineers to help them design, configure and support purpose-built servers, with emphasis on performance-optimized and resilient designs.
- Procure and maintain server infrastructure by establishing standards, submitting and tracking hardware orders and working with server hardware vendors to negotiate best pricing. Ensure hardware availability to meet the needs of the demanding SpaceX engineering teams.
- Supervise, perform installation, and configure servers and other IT data center systems.
- Schedule and provide off-peak or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of SpaceX datacenter systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Interact with internal business units to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- 3+ years of experience in an IT leadership position.
- 5+ years of experience in two or more of the following IT disciplines: data center operations, enterprise class server infrastructure design, server virtualization technologies, enterprise storage platforms.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with storage protocols and technologies, including NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, NetApp Filers, Pure Storage, and object storage.
- Deep expertise in generating recommended server design specifications to meet a set of defined system requirements.
- Experience with data center management (HVAC and power) best practices including green power, cooling requirements and HPC cluster environments.
- Experience in server/infrastructure virtualization technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V.
- Experience writing instructional documentation and conveying highly technical ideas in terms non-technical staff can easily understand.
- A motivated self-starting personality that is able to work independently while maintaining patience with constant interruptions and multiple requests.
- Experience engineering and operating in a modern datacenter environment driven by automation, holistic monitoring and infrastructure as code.
- Fluent in a scripting language to automate day to day tasks (i.e. Python, PowerShell).
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted for duties such as UPS battery replacement, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, or moving large equipment racks.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Manager, IT Infrastructure: $150,000.00 – $190,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.themuse.com/jobs/spacex/manager-it-infrastructure→